Sunday 1 March 2015

My father : An ideal role model for me


Often in life we find individuals who highlight inspire and motivate us to be a better person and seize to our potential - aim high and work hard to achieve the dreams. These idols are those who themselves lead by examples in inspiring us and guiding us on the right path.

Be it their approach towards life, their inspiring stories or just their presence in life - they inspire at every step, every moment.

For me, I've found such inspiration in my father, someone who has always stuck by me and shown me the right way whenever I've found myself on the crossroads.

I remember when I was 12 years old and absolutely frightened of public speaking, he told me "son, no one comes to see you when you give a speech, it's always the content of your speech that matters" - and that made me realize, how my father so easily explained something so complicated.

Today, I'm no more frightened of the stage. I realized from the words of my father that it's the content of my speech that matters and not me personally and hence if I can deliver a good speech, I can thereby be referred to as a "good speaker" - it's as simple or as difficult as it is, either way - it's the way you see it.

For my father, it's always about seeing the positive side of things.

My father has often suffered in life due to his honesty and bluntness, it's a fact that people usually don't like if you're too honest but that's how it is. My father learned from his father to always be honest, regardless of whether it turns out to be fruitful for you or not. At least, if you're honest, you go to sleep being "fearless".

My father has served as the perfect individual to guide me and become a self-reliant person, he's someone who took loan from a rashan shop owner to complete his graduation because my grandfather didn't have enough money.

Further, as soon as my father got a job, he repaid the debt to the rashan shop owner and this is the dignity and self-pride with which he has lived his life. Never has he asked anyone for any favors or has he never compromised on his ethics to reach ladders of success, it's always been his hard work that has spoken for him.

I hope that I can be an individual of his caliber and lead upto the expectations that he has from me. It takes courage, it takes guts, it takes great deal of self-esteem to be honest and willing to compromise on few luxuries of life but NEVER compromise on your honesty and ethics and I'm proud to say that my father is the ideal role model for me to follow and be alike.

My father has truly taught me "Apne Dum Pe Jeena Sikho" . 



Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment