Sunday 27 October 2013

Smart Suraksha : App that helps you stay safe


In this age of technology, applications have become a way of life. Android phones are getting popular by the passing of each day. Whether you've a good house or not, a good phone is a must. Similarly, in life, safety is a MUST. When it comes to safety, one just cannot be careless. We're always concerned of our loved ones, we may not always show it though. My parents for instance get worried whenever I'm even slightly late coming back home. That's how protective our parents are towards us.. Similarly, I get very concerned when my old grandparents go out of the house for a walk and don't return back on time, there safety is MY concern. 

Just to quote one example - once my grandmother was going to her village to meet her sisters. Along with her, there was my grandfather and my elder uncle who was carrying all of my grandparent's belongings. My grandfather has a very fast speed of walking, whereas my grandmother as she's aged, cannot walk quickly. I need not to explain you the situation at Indian railway stations, there's always so much rush that unless you're quick to walk, you'd be left behind.

In such scenario, my grandmother got left behind and both my grandfather and uncle moved ahead. Suddenly my grandmother couldn't find them and got worried. Now, a few steps ahead, both my grandfather and uncle realized that my grandmother had been left behind - they got extremely worried. My grandmother had at that time recently recovered from cancer and was extremely weak, in such situation, the tension was bound to be HIGH. My grandfather called home and let his other 3 sons know about the situation.. 

My uncle got an announcement made at the railway station for my missing grandmother, hearing this my grandmother quickly went to the railway station office and there she MET her son (my uncle) and by god's grace, she was absolutely fine.. We were very lucky that my grandmother was safe and she quickly came to the railway office. In such case though, an app like Smart Suraksha could have been of such a huge help. She could have sent a message to all of her 4 sons and to my grandfather, which would've resulted in less panic and more quick finding of my grandmother. 

I wish she had Smart Suraksha with her.
Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment