Monday 16 December 2013

My award is for you...




You know, when I was sitting their in the audience, several thoughts popped into my mind. Am I looking good? Is my hair alright? If I win, will I be able to speak on the stage, or just take the trophy and run back home? Well, it was all anxiety and even though, my legs are right now shaking, I can still speak because the trophy I'm holding in my hands is not only prestigious but beholds with itself a great meaning and makes me - confident of myself.

I've always been a shy guy. When I was young, I used to hear my father speak and think to myself - could I every possibly speak like that? Could I ever address a large audience? Am I capable of doing so? And yes, I did ask many questions. I was a curious kid. :p Anyways, as I got into my teen years, I had this habit of maintaining a diary, wrote about various topics in it but never shared it with anyone. Not until a few years later at least.

My father has always been the driving force of my life, still is. If he says 'Sachin isn't the best cricketer EVER', I'd agree on that too, even though I know he'd be lying. :D I've always wanted to be like my father, the way he dressed, the way he walks, the way he speaks, the way he smiles, the way he can make everyone his own in an unknown room - in mere 5 minutes. He's the perfect idol one can have and I'm glad to have him as my father and as an idol. This trophy is truly dedicated to him and my mother for her selfless sacrifices towards making me what I am.

I started blogging at the age of 15. I realized that maintaining a diary wasn't exactly what I was looking for, I wanted a platform to express my views and let it reach a large audience and blogging gave me that platform. I could express myself, anytime, any day. I could know the views of others, learn every time. That's the beauty of blogging.

Now, me standing here and not thanking/congratulating the fellow bloggers who got nominated, would be selfish on my part. I might be just lucky to be holding this trophy because I know that you all behold with yourself the same talent and a balloon full of ideas within yourself, just like me.

My family has always been the guiding force in my life. My grandparents have instilled me with such values that I've always thought twice before writing every article - am I writing right! Will this piece hurt someone's feelings? Be assured, what I write, comes from my heart because that's the greatest and perhaps the only trade of a 'good writer'.

Last but not the least, the team because of which this all has been possible - the Blogadda team. You guys are the reason why I'm holding this trophy today, it's because of you that I have this confidence in me to address such a large gathering and still not get hesitant to share what I actually feel. You guys have taught me that sharing is indeed caring because sharing my ideas through my blog, has given me immense satisfaction.

So guys *sheds a tear or two* - my award is for you all, we as the blogging community take pride in writing and such awards must be shared with you all because we all somewhat share the same thoughts and ideas and belong from the same community, we're a family of bloggers.

I remain thankful to the BlogAdda team for this wonderful trophy, filled with the joy of creativity and 'out of the box' thinking. :)

This would be My Winning Speech on being rewarded the BlogAdda Blog Award!
Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment