Monday 23 June 2014

My #RoleModel - My father : The pillar of strength


Selfie with Dad

Hold my hand, I will guide you towards the right direction. 
Look at me, I've the magic of turning the bad times into good. 
Adit, don't cry - I'm here for you. - My father has truly filled my life with countless joyous moments.

The best way to express my relationship with my father would be to simply put it this way - each day I await the time he comes from office so that I can talk to him, spend each quality second with him, cherish each moment with him - that's how prestigious he is to me. My father truly completes my life, he helps me to thrive towards life with an aim, with a motivation - because he's himself the most motivated and truly dedicated person that I've met in my life and there can be NO ONE like him.

Financial crisis : My father has seen many troubled times in his life, he has seen times when he had struggle to even pay rent and provide food to the family - and this being no fault of his. My father is one of the most hard working people that I know and I can definitely say that any person who meets my father can easily gather his determination towards "quality work" and yet somehow the good times have at times faded from our lives but that's how life works.

During troubled times, the true character of a man is reflected. My father gets even more positive during the tough times - and does everything to ensure that the family is not affected with the crisis situation. I've seen my father having sleepless nights, counting the rupees left in the house twice even thrice a day - to give himself the satisfaction that he still hopefully has enough to provide food to the family for another day and pay the monthly rent.

BUT, during all these financial crisis never did he told me to cut short any of my expense - be it food, accessories, clothes etc - and that's how much he loves me. My father may not have much money but he has a "golden heart" - he reaches out to help even a stranger and the care he has for every individual is impeccable.

The tough times has made my father's character even more stronger and he's always told me - "after good times, the bad times are supposed to come but be assured, the good times will definitely return. This is the cycle of life". :)

Will power : My father is the first person to wake up in my house-  he's the one who prepares tea for me, toasts bread, prepares my lunch and in spite of all this hard work, he always has a sense of "calmness" to himself which calms me. Regardless of how the things are going in the job front, my Dad has always maintained a consistent route with the family - it's always family first for him.

My father was suffering from Typhoid in the final examinations of B.Com, his last paper was English. My father's elder brother took him to the college where my father had his last paper (English), my father was sweating all throughout the exam, he hardly had any strength in his body and yet he kept writing and writing. At the end of the exam, his whole shirt was wet but it was his will power that helped him get through this time and the result was - my father stood 1st in the whole college.

Ability to fight back : My father had an accident just a few months ago, our car Etios was totally thrashed from the back but with God's grace my father was fine. When my father reached home, he sat down but was not at his normal self - I knew something was wrong. My father told my mother and me all about the accident and we were shocked. It took about 1-2 hours for my father to recover from the accident and it's important to tell you all here that this accident happened during the time when our family was going through extreme crisis - we had no money to pay the rent and the cost repairing for the car demanded 50,000 rupees. Even in such a situation, my father stayed positive and told me - "everything that happens in life has a purpose" - for someone who met with an accident just few hours ago to say this - you ought to realize that my father truly is a glorious beacon of light in my life. :)

Being selfless : being the head of the family, my father takes care of all the financial spending for the month and he's more than generous with me - supposedly also because I'm the only child of the house. My father never says no to any of my insanely expensive requests (if I ever demand one) but on himself, he spends nothing. He has 2 pair of pants, 3-4 shirts, which he has been using since the last 4-5 years, he has 2 pair of shocks, 1 pair of shoes that are about 4 years old and yet, he saves the money for my mother and me.

My father has a very frank take on life - all the money that you earn is to be spend in THIS very life of ours, you get to take nothing with you when you're gone.

Success is just a name, learning matters: My father as I've mentioned several times during the article - is the most hardworking person that one can come across and yet he hasn't gotten the success that he richly deserves but he has a different take on this - he believes that learning is the most crucial part of life because regardless of the success you get, unless you learned something, it's worthless.

The most befitting point to end this article will be this - I can write about my dad endlessly but I would rather not to injustice to him because after a certain point, I'll be no good in explaining the characteristics of my Dad, I will run out of words and yet there will be so little wrote about my dad's qualities.

Sure that the hardships have come in my father's way but he has been courageous and determined to fight through these hardships and this is exactly the true character of my father - he leads a life from which I've countless to learn, each very day. Dad - you truly are my #RoleModel.

I am writing about #MyRoleModel as a part of the activity by Gillette India in association with BlogAdda.com.
Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment