Friday 6 September 2013

#HappyTravelling is #HappyLiving




Childhood is the best part of one's life, why do we say this? Further, do you firmly believe this? Well, I do. I just cannot help but remember the summer vacations during my childhood when I along with my parents used to visit my village in Bihar. We just cannot stress enough on the fact that the best part of our life is one that we cherish throughout the life span, the times I spent in Tamuria (Bihar) are the golden times of my life and to this very date and forever would cherish those times, these days of #happytravelling. 

I'm writing this entry for Yatra Holidays contest on IndiBlogger. I'm quite aware that most of the writers would opt to write upon some "fancy" holiday places. Perhaps mostly abroad but for me, I'm going to choose the less taken option i.e. our villages. Through this entry, I will take you to the journey of an Indian village, my village, Tamuria. 



Information about my village, Tamuria:- Tamuria is a village located in Madhubani, Bihar. It's nearby to the city of Dharbanga. Like every village of India, this village too holds with itself a very rich heritage and many stories. I'm truly in love with it's beauty and through this blog entry, I plan to make you experience the beauty of my village through my writing. :)

We've to some extend forgotten the simpler times that we experienced earlier. Moreover, holiday is the time that you want to enjoy with your family, it doesn't necessarily need to be a fancy place, it just has to be a place that you like/love travelling to. For me, as I said, it's Tamuria and I'd tell you why...

Living in the capital of India, I've been living a life more or less very modernistic; drastically different to the life lived in Indian villages. Each year I would wait for the summer vacation to start so that I could go and visit my village in Bihar. I was/am not a huge fan of a life without radio/tv/computer hence when I had to travel to Tamuria (my village) I always hesitated. Agreed, I was excited to meet my grandparents and cousins and I was very much in love with the nature beauty but I always wondered, how will the time-pass, won’t I get bored? 

To my exception though, all this belief of mine that village life would to some extend be "boring" was totally incorrect. Just as I would reach to Tamuria after a 24 hour tiring train journey, my grandfather would wait for me at the train station along with his friends and a lavishing arrangement done to welcome me and my parents. It's a sight I will never forget, all these people gathered just to see me and my parents, with "maalas", different sweets, giving me "money" as a sign of blessing, my staying time in Tamuria started on a very high note.

The nature beauty :- As it's pretty obvious, the nature beauty in villages is far superior to the one we get in metro cities. Who needs AC when we have the liberty of experiencing the naturally fresh air (purwa hawaa). I'm a very city life driven kind of a guy, I cannot bear living in villages and yet for some reason village life impressed me. Before going to Tamuria, I would always complain but once we reached the place, I would be the most delighted person among all.



The art of swimming :- In village we call small lakes as "pokhar". During hot summer afternoons, I along with my brothers would go to the "pokhar" and enjoy the feeling of "swimming pool", at least it was no less than a swimming cool. It was a blessing in the hot summer afternoon and after that, what followed next was a lavishing meal that awaited for us back home.



I'm a foodie, food matters  :- The food we get in villages is remarkable. A simple potato "bhujiya" tastes so tasty with the "paratha's" that are truly satisfying to the soul with a bit of butter on the top of the roti, you just cannot help buy say “umm”... :D What more can one ask for! :D 

A holiday is a time that is spent with the family, the laughs, the smiles, the stories, the memories, the time-pass chit-chat, the food, the travelling, everything included, the trip to my village Tamuria is one that I will forever remember. I've never taken a road trip to a nearby place to New Delhi, I’ve travelled to plenty of places in India but I can say this - my trip to Tamuria is one that I'm sure is and forever will be unparalleled. 

Holiday is a time that is not routine, something very unique and an experience that must be felt to be believed. If we look at it from the perspective of merely spending money, that's not holiday. If you look at it from the perspective that regardless of how much money is spent (high or low), the main aim must be to travel to a place that you love/would enjoy to visit. My trip to Tamuria is one such trip that I truly enjoy. :)

I've written this entry to solely apprehend the point that holidays in villages can be equally enjoyable as compared to travelling to abroad or other cities of India. Fact remains, you just have to feel the experience of travelling to your home village because the love and affection from the people, the surroundings, the simplicity of life- everything adds up and makes the holiday one that certainly make you say "kya yaatra hai". :) Do visit http://www.yatra.com/ to arrange such holidays for yourself and live the times that you'd cherish throughout your life. :)


This entry is for Yatra Holidays #HappyTravellers contest on IndiBlogger.

Credits :- The head banner is taken from IndiBlogger's contest page. Rest of the images are taken from Google..

Life is a journey, enjoy this yatra! :)
Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

1 comment:

  1. Aditya, Congrats for winning the 2nd prize for the Contest! So happy for you :)
    What did I tell you? Your winning spree has begun, bro!
    A lovely entry written from the heart :) Enjoy your trip to Thailand :)

    ReplyDelete