Sunday 19 October 2014

#GharWaliDiwali - darkness can fade away, only if you remember to switch on the lights


Image Courtesy : IndiBlogger
PepsiCo #GharWaliDiwali Film
Do visit the website : https://www.gharwalidiwali.com/


"Each diwali with family is well spend" 

My diwali stories with my family :

Enlighten your heart and souls because the festival of lights is upon us, yes Diwali is here. The victory of "good" over "evil". One of the most significant things about Diwali is the sense of positivity that it brings along with it. For instance, last year at this very time, my family was in a bit of a shackles - be it financially or mentally but we had the HOPE, that yes - next year at this time, we shall conquer the bad times and come out victorious. And here I am today, as they say "what follows after something bad, is always something positive". 

Through this blog post I want to highlight more such stories from my family - which have through the years made Diwali, the most significant festival for my family and me. 

Visit from GrandFather : Few years back, it was the glorious day of Diwali, filled with a lot of positivity and the mood of celebration but there was one thing missing from it - the visit from my grandfather. My grandfather worked in Mumbai and he had been there for the last 4 months. Naturally, my family missed him but he told us that as he had a big project coming his way, he had to put in the hard working hours and so he couldn’t come to Delhi from Mumbai.

On the evening of Diwali, the doorbell rings *ting tong* - and there is my grandfather, in a perfectly stitched suit, with a briefcase in his hand and a perfect grim on his face - happy diwali bete, he said to me and from nowhere a "normal" diwali became an "extraordinary" diwali - that's how things change when you're with your whole family. 

Diwali with family is an experience in itself : I belong from a joint family, 8 cousins, 3 uncles and aunts and of course the perfect pair of my grandparents and parents - with them, each day is special, leave apart a special day in itself i.e. Diwali. 

Start of the morning is with a heavy breakfasst, with family - full of laughter's. After which, follows up the great discussion on "diwali sweets". Rajbhog, rasmalai, gulab jamun, rasogulla (as Bengalis say), rajbhog - oh boy, I sure am desperate to visit a sweet store right about now! :D

Most importantly though, it's the each moment shared with the family that counts. Sure there are some disputed and arguments through the year, there are ups and downs in life, some moments are happy - and some not so but the festival of Diwali is all about celebrating. I can say from my own experience - there's a god watching all of us and believe it or not, if one diwali's not so special - the next one ought to be THE best because that's how life works. 

Live each moment to the fullest, celebrate Diwali the way it's meant to be - with the chatpata Kurkure and the awesomely awesome Pepsi and be positive because the “good” always wins over the “negative”, darkness can fade away in seconds, only if you remember to switch on the lights. :)

Wishing all my readers a very pleasant and joyous Diwali! :)

Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment