Saturday 9 May 2015

The warmth of a mother #MyFirstExpert



Mother is that one person in our life that shapes the way we think, guides us to the right step in life and makes us aware of why it's important to live a life of dignity and pride - these are the same values which were inculcated in me by my mother.

I realized very early in my life that being a mother is a thankless job because regardless of the challenges that she faced in her everyday life, she never demanded any favors from any of my brothers or me - be it helping in kitchen or cleaning house or cooking, she was very independent and always took care of my father's needs, before he even spoke of anything that he may be requiring - that's the true essence of an Indian mother, she is a perfectionist in each of her roles in life.

I personally believe that the kind of openness that you feel with your mother, the liberty to talk to her freely with all your problems, knowing that she will listen to you is something that I've always cherished. My mother always listens to my problems and at the end of it, answers back with a smile, tell me in these exact words "sab theek ho jayega, mat khabrao beta".. These are even though just words but words coming from a mother but if a mom says to her child that everything gonna be alright, then even faith can't contradict her.

I remember that when I was 5 years old and was demanding a whole new cricket kit for myself - which cost around 5500, which my father couldn't afford at the time. What I used to do is; I used to draw the kits on a piece of paper and then cut it (it somehow made me feel good). One day, I vividly recall that my mother saw me doing this and was about to cry just before she went back into hall, I was drawing in the bedroom.

A few days later, she brought a whole new cricket kit for me and being just 5 years old at the time, I didn't even ask from where did the money came. I used the same kit till I was about 10-11 years old. A few years later, I asked my father because my mother wouldn't tell me - how did you afford the cricket kit! My father replied with a smile "it was your mother's saving which she put into your cricket kit".. And there and then - if her love for me couldn't be put into mere words, it was now even harder to understand how she always had and still has the will to fulfill every wish that I have in life - be it the most silliest or the most toughest to fulfill.

"Heaven is found in a mother's feet" - these are words that I recall my father saying for her mother and which I do believe is true for every mother. A mother is that one person in your life that will fight for you even if you're wrong and will lose an argument for you knowing that she may be wrong but for a Mother - her child can never be wrong.

Such is the warmth of a mother, when a mother blesses her child - the stars gaze upon the blessed kid and shower happiness and love upon them, that's the magic of a mother. #MeriMaa

Not only did my mother bought me my first cricket kit, she was also the first opponent with whom I batted - the only left handed batsman in the family before me, #MyFirstExpert, this post is dedicated to all the mothers and to my mother. :)
Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment